Let us keep you safe and compliant
If you are looking for portable appliance testing in Merseyside we can help. Let our trained and accredited PAT testers keep your electrical appliances safe and maintained. We conduct a hassle-free PAT Testing service, ensuring a quick and efficient service.
We are The FastFit Centre based in Merseyside, however, we carry out PAT Testing across Merseyside, with clients based all over the Merseyside area.
If this is the first time you are setting up a routine test on your electrical appliance our teat are here to guide you. There is nothing to be concerned about as our engineers will do everything for you. All you need to know is roughly how many items you have which require testing. Most electrical appliances require a combined formal visual test and inspection every 12 months but this can vary depending on usage and appliance type.
We aim to give the best PAT testing service in the Merseyside area, ensuring our customers meet their electrical safety obligations.
PAT Testing of electrical appliances during business hours may cause disruption in some businesses. This is why we provide our PAT Testing service as a pickup and drop off service. You can also walk in our shop on boundary road Merseyside and drop your electrical items off for testing at your convenience. If an out of office hours service is required, our team will deliver a quality service at a time convenient to you. Simply give us a call to discuss your individual needs.
Our service includes
- In-service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Visual inspection
- 110V & 240V
- Microwave oven leak test
- Professional management of your assets
- Certified and trained engineers
- Pass/fail test results & completion Certificates
- Pass and fail labels on all items
- Fuse replacement (as required Free of Charge On Inspection)
- Plug re-wiring and replacement
- Repair service offered for most minor repairs
Each PAT Test Will Include:
- Visual inspection of the appliance, flex and plug top – Look for any visual signs of damage or overheating
- Open Each Plug Top – Inspect the fuse and connections and tighten wire connections
- Electrical tests – The appliance is put through a series of electrical tests to ensure that it is properly earthed (Earth Continuity Test, * Class 1 appliance) and insulated (Insulation Resistance Test, Class 1 and 2 appliances)
- Labelling – A label is affixed to the appliance indicating whether it has passed or failed as well as additional information including the test date, re-test date and Appliance ID number assigned to it
- Records – A detailed record is given for each appliance tested as well as an inventory summary. These records will be made available in an electronic format (hard copy available upon request)
With over 75 years of combined electrical experience, our engineers have a vast amount of knowledge. We have a diverse client base including; hotels, hospitals, schools, landlords and offices. Our PAT Testers are used to working in different environments and also problem solving, should a problem arise on inspection getting your business moving again quickly and safely.
PAT Testing Regulations
Conforming to PAT testing regulations will help you to ensure that the portable appliances in your business are safe and help you to avoid violations. PAT testing legislation was put into effect to ensure that all companies conform to the Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974, Electricity at Work Regulations of 1989, Provision and Use of Work Equipment regulations of 1998 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations of 1999.
The current law requires that all employers maintain portable appliances and ensure their safety. This is done through testing of the appliances to safeguard against damage and to make certain that these items perform properly.
PAT testing law requires that all landlords, employers and even self-employed individuals make sure that their portable electrical appliances are safe and are suitable and used for the purposes intended. These appliances should always be maintained properly and remain in good working order.
The guidelines are designed to make certain that this equipment is kept protected and is preserved through regular maintenance as well as inspections and periodic testing. Damage and fault can occur with all electrical equipment use which makes it essential that these items are tested regularly for safety.
PAT testing is done to ensure that all electrical equipment that is classified as “portable” is deemed safe for use. The legislation deems that any competent person can perform it by using a PAT instrument or tester. The visual examination of each appliance in addition to the actual PAT test should be performed only by someone who is deemed competent.
According to PAT testing legislation, a competent person is someone who has experience or knowledge of being able to check and test appliances for safety purposes.
It is imperative that employers, landlords and self-employed individuals follow the rules to ensure that their workplaces are safe.
How to find Us
If you are heading from the town centre simply follow Eccleston street to the traffic lights and turn Left at the Nags head Building and we are located just on the right across the road from Farmfoods on Boundary Road.
If you are coming from Prescot its best to go straight down Prescot road until you get to the Eccleston Arms Bar & Grill follow-on to the traffic lights and turn left. carry on down past Morrisons and you will find us just on the Left we are well advertised so don't worry you won't miss us.
Or of course, you could put us into your Satnav.
Our electrical PAT testing engineers offer a wide range of electrical repairs and testing in the Merseyside area.
Electrical > PAT Testing in: Merseyside
, St Helens