Book Your Mechanic Now
Car Brake Servicing And Repairs In St Helens: 01744 808586
If you have strange sounds coming from your brakes you are in the right place for a fast and efficient repair.
We offer a same day Brake inspection and brake checks in St Helens 6 days a week. We also offer a collection service using our in-house recovery vehicle if your car brakes are too dangerous to drive on
Stopping your vehicle is just as important as starting it, Brakes are an essential safety feature of every vehicle and as such should be maintained just the same as your engine. Braking systems are incredibly important to the system and should be regularly serviced and maintained. We offer a brake inspection check. Our inspections can be done the same day with no appointment necessary. Here at The FastFit Brake Repair Centre, we can quickly identify any issues with your brake systems the price of our cheks include brake adjustments as part of the price, if any problems are identified, our brake repair experts offer a comprehensive brake repair service 6 days a week in St Helens.
We supply an extensive range of brake pads and brake disks and can swiftly and cost-effectively perform minor repairs or complete replacements. Our fully trained team have a wealth of experience working with all makes and models of car and guarantee complete customer satisfaction every single time.
Whats that noise?
- The noises you are hearing are a distress signal you will find your brakes are grinding meaning metal components are meeting with each other which they are not designed to do. This can cause further problems not only with overheating your discs and distorting them but also overheating calipers and pushing pistons out much further than they are designed to go meaning seals can perish and cause further damage to your calipers. Your brakes are trying to let you know that they are worn out. Many vehicles are equipped with sensors that transmit a high-pitched sound to alert you that its time to replace your pads. Other vehicles have sensors that show warning signals on your dash, either way, do not ignore these warning symbols.
If you are hearing a grinding noise coming from your vehicle
- This means that your vehicle's brakes are completely worn down. It’s hard to stop a vehicle with worn out brake pads, in fact, you will find your stopping distances are much longer. Catching your brakes when they first start to make noises can save you very costly to repairs to damaged brakes. Regular car brake servicing will help you avoid the hazards and expensive repairs of worn brakes. The FastFit Centre can inspect your brakes and perform the service that keeps you safe and on the road. To book your vehicle in for a brake repair or service simply give a member of our team a call on 01744 808586 or book in online.
We offer brake repairs on all the following vehicles in St Helens:
- Plant Machines
- Farm Vehicles & Machinery
We can repair hydraulic brakes as well as Air brakes in St Helens
No matter what type of issue you're having with your brakes we can help. We offer a range of services including:
- Brake Fluid Change
- Brake Shoes
- Caliper Replacement
- Piston Replacement
- Brake Lines
- ABS Sensors
- ABS Pumps
- Brake Pipes
- & Much More, in fact, we are your one-stop shop for all your brake servicing and repairs in St Helens
No matter what type of vehicle you drive or ride in St Helens we have it covered. Whether it is a Car, Motorbike or even a Motorhome we can fully repair and service your brakes. Our under one roof vehicle repair service means no matter what type of vehicle you own we can service and repair your brakes, not only that we have 100s of brake parts, discs and sensors on the shelf ready to be fitted to your vehicle. We offer same day fitting service on many different types of brakes.
If you need new brakes for your vehicle we are ready to help. Our mechanics are ready to offer you brake repairs in St Helens.
We only use quality parts
We know your vehicle needs to be reliable and cost-effective for you and your day to day life. That's why we offer excellent fast service, with quality guaranteed parts at affordable prices with same day fitting. Just another reason why we have customers who use our brake repair services in St Helens year after year.
Facts about your brakes
- Brakes are designed to be replaced at 40000 miles however, there are many factors that determine how long they will last such as. The type of car you drive, your driving style, and what pads you've previously had fitted will all affect the lifespan of brakes.
If you think there might be a problem with your brakes, get them checked by The FastFit Centre today.
We have listed some of the signs we think you should look out for and the telltale signs of worn brakes.
What to watch out for
- Always looking at your mileage gives you a good gauge to monitor your brakes life. Brakes naturally deteriorate over time been subjected to heat on a regular basis. Brake discs should always be replaced in pairs never singularly and new pads always replaced at the same time as discs. Discs should be replaced at around 40, 000 miles, while pads every 25, 000 miles.
A high-pitched or grinding sound can mean metal components are grinding together where there was once a pad. if you hear grinding noises we suggest you stop driving your car immediately!. We offer a pickup service meaning if your brakes are in a condition where they should not be used or it is not safe to use the vehicle with the brakes the way they are we can pick up your vehicle for you. If you hear unusual sounds when you press the brake pedal, there could be a problem with your brake system. The sound will be audible while the windows are up, however, not necessarily loud enough to hear over the radio. You may also notice a squeaking sound if the car has been parked in the rain or standing water for long periods of time.
Leaks on the inner wheels
- Your braking system is complex. If there are worn seals, loose connections or split hoses in the system, air and fluid can leak out, affecting your ability to brake. Look out for fluid on the inner wheels - brake fluid is normally clear, with a slight odour.
Pulling to the left or right. When you brake, does your car pull towards the left or right? As you press the brake pedal the pads need to be applied equally, and if one is worn more than the other, pulling to one side may occur. Another potential cause may be a sticking or failing brake calliper.
Vibrations: If you notice some vibration in your steering wheel or brake pedal as you slow down, get your brakes checked. A vibration in your brake pedal is a sign that your brake discs are warped.
Pressing to the floor: Drivers also need to be aware of how responsive their brakes are. If you have to press the pedal nearly all the way to the floor before the car starts to slow down, this could be down to a problem with your hydraulic braking system.
Warning light: If your dashboard is displaying the brake warning light, get your car checked immediately. This is likely an indication that the brake hydraulic system has failed. Do not drive your vehicle under any circumstances in this condition, not even the garage we will pick up your vehicle.
Do you like to save money?
If the answer is yes this one is for you!... How would you like to get unlimited brake pad changes for £1?..... Yes, that's right £1. for as long as you own the vehicle and all you have to do is pay for the parts and items required for the pad replacement If we replace your brake pads the first time you will pay the full price for the service and have the chance to pay an extra £1 on top of your bill which will entitle you to unlimited brake pad changes! NO Limits, NO Mileage stipulations just £1 then the price of your pads thereafter!... All you have to do is purchase a set of pads through us and the labour will always be paid for! Just another way we like to keep you moving in the St Helens area!
Whilst we repair your car, van or truck brakes in St Helens why not visit Carr Mill Dam which is a great family friendly area offering stunning views and fantastic walks, Why not visit the World Of Glass in St Helens, the town centre is full of great shops such as Nandos and Cineworld Perhaps a visit to Duke Street in St Helens with its great restaurants and bar scene maybe a walk around Tailor Park or Shirdley Park, or why not grab a bite to eat in one of the many bars and restaurants located in other areas of St Helens whilst we repair your brakes on your vehicle.
If you require a brake repair in St Helens give a member of our team a call or visit us:
Fastlane Autocare - The FastFit Centre
230 Boundary Road
For all your vehicle brake needs... And people who like their vehicle to stop... Call us