Book Your Mechanic Now
We Supply And Fit Clutches On Any Make Or Model Of Vehicle
if your vehicle is in need of a new clutch give a member of our team a call today on 01744 808586
Car, van, motorbike and truck clutch repairs in Merseyside.
At The FastFit Centre, we understand how frustrating it is to have any sort of issue with your vehicle, let alone a major one such as a slipping clutch. Our team of expert vehicle technicians have been performing vehicle repairs and clutch replacements for many years in the Merseyside area, as well as many other areas nationwide. We offer a complete replacement clutch service. as a supplier of replacement clutches we also offer clutch fitting and clutch component checks 6 days a week. We deal with many leading manufacturers as we are a recognised repair agent.
We Fit Clutches To All Types Of Vehicles In Merseyside Including:
- 4X4 Vehicles
We offer replacement clutches for all makes and models of vehicles including:
- Smart Car
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover
- Range Rover
We also supply and fit clutches to commercial vehicles such as vans
Why We Don't Fit Remanufactured Clutches:
- Some garages will fit re-manufactured clutches into your vehicle which are of poor quality and wear quickly, resulting in your clutch failing again. These are not the quality you would want to see in your vehicle and are prone to failure as the quality of the clutch itself and other needed components to make your clutch engage and disengage successfully such as the pressure plate and thrust bearing are of a low quality also. this means failure is imminent. Changing a clutch is a very labour orientated job which involves a substantial amount of man-hours. On this type of repair it can take up to a full day of labour depending on the type of vehicle, The FastFit Centres advice is that you should only fit an O.E specification clutch or clutch kit to your vehicle. It may at first seem more expensive but remember " You get what you pay for". The life expectancy of re-manufactured clutches is dramatically less than that of O.E specification Clutches meaning all the man-hours that were put in fitting the lesser quality clutch would need to be repeated and therefore a much more expensive repair in the long run and also more downtime with clutch failure. This is why The Service Centre only fit genuine O.E specification clutches and clutch parts.
We can collect your vehicle with our in-house recovery truck making it a much less stress-free experience if your clutch has failed, just another reason why you should choose The FastFit Centre for your vehicles clutch replacement and clutch repair needs in Merseyside.
Is your clutch in working order?
- If you have an issue with your vehicle and you are unsure if it is the clutch or other clutch related components please don't hesitate to call us on Call us:01744808586
What are the main symptoms of a clutch failing:
Difficulty to engage a gear:
- You will find it hard to get your vehicle into gear. This can be down to a number of things within the bell housing that has gone wrong and failed.
A constant crunching noise when engaging the gear:
- Very much like having difficulty engaging gear the issue is most commonly down to the clutch pressure plate but could also be release bearing of concentric slave cylinder if your vehicle has one fitted.
Inability to engage the gear at all:
This could be down to a number of items and major damage could have been caused by the flywheel, Dual mass flywheel, or surrounding clutch plates
A constant juddering when pulling away from a stationary position:
- This most commonly is the pressure plate, this can be caused by a warped pressure plate or clutch plate that is falling apart
The engine revs increases when the throttle pedal is depressed, but speed does not increase as normal
- This is what is commonly called 'A slipping clutch' imagine a tyre that is bald..that is the same as a clutch acting in this manner. the friction plate on the clutch will have worn down to the point it cannot grip under load anymore
A pronounced constant burning smell when under throttle:
- This would be your friction plate. What we most commonly find when we get this issue in is another component such as a slave cylinder or thrust bearing has failed and is not releasing the clutch fully. this then causes damage to the friction plate and can overheat the pressure plate and warp it.
What gets changed?
Depending on the repair you need we change components such as:
- The pressure plate
- Centre Plate
- Concentric slave
- Release bearing
- Dual Mass Flywheel
- Clutch cables
- Hydraulic pipes
if you need a replacement clutch repair give our team a call or email we are on hand and ready to help. Call us:01744808586 or email us email@example.com
Tips to prolong the life of your car clutch:
Whislt driving your vehicle don't rest your foot on the clutch pedal.
- This will wear your clutch and cause friction.
Never leave the car in gear with your foot on the clutch while stationary.
- This can cause wear on slave cylinders and thrust bearings.
Limit the times that you hold the car on a hill by slipping the clutch.
- This causes strain and wear on your friction plate.
Our Guarantee to you as our customer:
We fit O.E specification clutches from reputable manufacturers that are completely guaranteed. Our guarantee is 2 yrs or 25000 miles whichever the sooner. We guarantee to offer you the most cost-effective repair service available. If your gearbox is also in need of repair, we can also take care of that for you at our Merseyside Vehicle Clutch Repair Centre.
Call us or visit us:
The FastFIt Centre
230 Boundary Road